I've never really considered myself a lucky person. Don't get me wrong. God has smiled down on me far more times than I deserve. When I look around at my friends, when I think about my family, when I am thankful for my job and my colleagues, when I remember what I've overcome and the dreams that I've already fulfilled (and the ones that I still have), when I think about my health, I know that I have lived a very charmed life by all standards. I have way more than I need in most areas. But I don't put this in the category of luck. Luck is that winning lottery ticket. Or being the name drawn from the hat for the random prize at a party. Or getting a free something because you are the 53rd customer. Or having your bag make your connection in Denver when you were an hour late from San Francisco, when Southwest (God bless this airline!) held the plane for 25 minutes for you and four other people, and then having your bag actually make that plane to Austin with you. I'm not usually that lucky person. But today I was because that last scenario describes by stroke of luck today!
Happy to be home. Happy to have my luggage with me. Happy for some sleep in my own bed. And happy for great memories from my time in CA - strokes of luck and otherwise.
No comments:
Post a Comment