Sunday, July 26, 2009

this is me...

...in a nutshell. I don't normally give a play-by-play of my day in my blog because, well, usually my days just aren't that interesting! But today was such a typical ETG day that I am going to give you the . Somehow a wonderful blend of me being girly and handy and athletic and domestic and social and solitary.
7:00 a.m. meet with with T3 folks at the rock for a 7 mile run...can you say Scenic?! YES!!! I was a little anxious about this being my first real run back with the group since CDA. Found a running buddy in Eric and we pounded out a little over 7 miles, hills and all, at a nice pace. Humid. Sweaty. But good. (Bonus: saw two students at the end of my run...they are always a little surprised to see me out there running...and I love surprising them!)
11:00 a.m. get all cleaned up and go to church with Amy to see her cousin preach...cool. Then lunch. I'm feeling the need for carbs, carbs, and more carbs today?!
1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. time to be at home...quiet...and still (sort of)
- laundry, movies (I sort of went on a movie binge and finished three that I had started?! Seriously, I won't watch a movie for weeks and then I'll do this!), catching up with friends on the phone, and a nap (which was necessary because last night I was a textbook ETG mix: "I'll just drop y'all off wherever you want to go downtown..." suddenly turned into me staying out with the gang...very late...fun times, friends!)
4:00 p.m. - I finally motivated to leave the house again after some quality time on my couch. First stop - pedicure! Lovely. Nice to be pampered a little bit.
Second stop - grocery store...typical run through except for gathering ingredients for a pulled pork recipe. I needed boneless pork butt and was only able to find pork roast so I hope it will do.
Third stop - post office to pick up Ayesha's mail. Note to self: get in touch with Ayesha, she is now back in the USA and might not need to keep this PO Box here in Austin anymore!
Final stop - bank and then home...
Here's where the multiple sides of ETG really shine through:
- family...talked to Gran - we're both excited about my trip to see her.
- fix-it-girl...time to attack the oven door and show it who's boss...with music blaring in the background...more tools that you should probably need...all while wearing a skirt. I swear, what a sight I must have been. Too bad no one was around to capture it on film. But I did manage to snap a few shots of the progression of things:

- cooking...while I was watching the movies I was also marking cookbooks with recipes to try. So I had the pulled pork recipe all ready to go - mixed up the spices that you rub the pork with to "marinate" overnight. And then I set about dealing with the pork. Yuck. I hate dealing with raw meat. But I tackled the pork roast just like I had tackled the oven door and soon enough the meat was wrapped up in Saran Wrap so that it could absorb the goodness of the paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, brown sugar, cumin, and cayenne overnight before it gets tossed in the slow cooker tomorrow.
And finally, I'm blogging...and getting ready for bed. Yippee! I need a solid night's sleep for the upcoming week. Will start my day tomorrow with yoga and end it with a hill workout. With work, acupuncture, a meeting with Coach Chrissie, and chatting with friends in between. Looks like it will be another ETG day...love it.

No comments: