So...I've been living in post Ironman bliss for about three weeks now. And it has been LOVELY. What does this mean? Well, to me it's meant only going to the workouts that I've really wanted to go to. Not killing myself even when I'm there (85% has been lovely!). Not running too long or too hard. Going to spin class but allowing myself to be a few gears off. Swimming a lane over from where I used to swim so that my interval is slightly longer and I'm toward the front of the pack instead of hanging on for dear life at the back of the pack. But things are starting to change...and it's probably time. Time because as I look at the calendar and see the Ironstar Triathlon on November 8, I know I need to start getting a plan in motion. And time because I'm beginning to feel it. I feel like I'm getting back into it. I felt stronger at swim this morning (even though Suzanne moved me up a lane and I was hanging on for dear life again!). I felt stronger at the hill workout last night (even in 100+ degree heat). And I felt stronger at the spin workout tonight. Emotionally, I'm ready to get back to doing all of the things that I love. Not at Ironman intensity...nope...saving that for January! But I'm ready to contemplate training again.
And the nice thing about 1/2 Ironman training at the beginning is that contemplation and my CDA training will let me start training without being a crazy triathlete-in-training person again. In the first weeks, the hours are not too many...the intensity is not too intense (for lack of a better word!)...so I can keep listening to my body and ease back into it all.
Or at least I think so...consultation with a coach is next!
1 comment:
Way to get back in it. I'm still struggling to do anything that remotely signifies working out...
Post a Comment