Tuesday, January 27, 2009

happy birthday to mom...

Today is my mom's birthday! Yeah for my mom! Naturally, we've had our differences over the years - what mother/daughter pair hasn't?! - but everything considered, she's a pretty amazing mother. She sacrificed for me all over the place growing up. For example, she always managed to be in the stands cheering for me at soccer and volleyball games even while she worked a full-time job. She was that parent who always "showed up". I know there were times when she didn't get something for herself or go someplace with her friends so that she could give a little extra to me. She never wanted me to feel at a disadvantage growing up in a single-parent home. I'm sure I don't even know the half of what she did for me...but I'm grateful.
So on her special day...I'm sending good thoughts across the miles to California...
Happy birthday, Mom...I love you very much.

No comments: