
Well, not me! Seriously! Plenty of time on the sets where we swam the 100s. Barely enough time on the sets where we pulled the 100s. And the 500 pull where we were supposed to go 80-100% and then 85-100% and 90-100% and feel the difference between each effort level. Laughable! I have one effort level/speed when it comes to pulling: don't get lapped by the people in my lane. And today, by some miracle, I pulled off the whole 500 without getting lapped by Stephan, Kevin, or Don. Mind you, I'm at the back of that pack anyway...but I've still been lapped. Not sure what drove me this morning except for sheer determination (and panic!) not to have to stop and let someone go by me.
It's not that I dislike pulling, I actually think that it's calming. But I'm just really slow at it. I keep thinking that someday it will be different (and I am getting a tad faster) but it's still pretty amazing! I knew those "soccer quads" from high school would come in handy again some day...please let me kick when I'm swimming!! All I can say is thank goodness the 2.4 miles at Coeur D'Alene is a "swim" and not a "pull". I would be worried about the swim cut off instead of the other cut offs!
Core and spin tonight, too...with Chrissie whom I had not had as a coach in a while so that was fun. Good day over all...getting colder here in Austin, but it is January after all. Training is going well even though this week it has to be interrupted with school stuff in the evenings. That's okay though, it all balances out. Right? Right!
1 comment:
I'm a slow puller too! it doesn't help when I don't flip turn at the end of the lanes and feel all drunk when trying to turn around at each end of the lane :)
Post a Comment