Little insight: I rarely get grumpy. And when I do, I get irritated with myself for being grumpy, which only perpetuates the cycle. Anyway, on Wednesday I was grumpy.
Well, I didn't start out that way. I actually started out really happy. Good core class. Seeing T3 folks. Laughing with my students. And then the day started to unravel.
In the large scheme of things, the low points of my day are incredibly minor, I know that. And given some pretty tough/life altering news that some friends of mine are grappling with (things like cancer and the death of loved ones), the things that upset me today are so VERY minor I'm almost embarrassed to be writing about my "blah" day. But if this blog is going to be "real" and not something just for show then I have to include days like today...no matter what caused them to go from "great" to "blah".
And so today's post is to remind me (and anyone who knows me who might be thinking that I was some freak of nature who only had good/great days?!) that I'm completely normal. Okay, better word choice human? Things upset me. Things excite me. And when I have a day of both and the things that upset me slightly outweigh the things that make me smile, the result is usually a "blah" day.
Luckily, the low points of my day were sandwiched between high points so I headed to bed thinking good thoughts for Thursday...still a little bummed by Wednesday (I don't get over things that quickly)...but ready to wake up and let go of my bout of grumpiness - it's too draining!
1 comment:
You should post whatever you want - it is your blog!!! Sorry about the bad day... but nice reframe (literally) by ending it with friends!
Post a Comment