Friday, January 30, 2009

random discoveries on the road to CDA...

Something got me thinking today of the random skills I've acquired in this initial jaunt on my road to CDA. You might be expecting something "deep" here. Think again. It's Friday. Let your mind move to frivolous mode and maybe have a laugh as you think of me doing these things:
1 - two times now I have managed to get into my wetsuit by myself...which is a bizarre talent given that it is a reverse zip wetsuit (yes, the zipper starts at the top...thankfully this morning, thanks to a tip from Coach Logan, I made sure I was in it before I left the condo. Which brings me to item #2)
2 - I have now driven in a wetsuit...giggling under my breath imagining what a cop would have said if I had been pulled over (note: this is the way to make sure you don't freeze before you even get into Barton Springs!)
3 - I am perfecting the pike sit-up...seriously, I have some crazy weird flexibility when it comes to those. Too bad they aren't part of the Ironman!
4 - I can make a mean peanut butter and banana sandwich (on bread or on rice cakes...I get lots of practice as this is my pre-workout food...every time)
5 - I can overdress for any practice...basically, I hate being cold so I will overdress and then strip layer by layer as I warm up. Makes for a funny load of clothes for me to carry home.
6 - I can eat even when I've just eaten! It's like my internal engine is just churning away all of the time...
7 - I can chill like never before...sort of like a kid who runs him/herself into the ground by playing really hard and then conks out at night.
8 - I have been reminded of my inner child because this all feels like play to me!
9 - I can sort of sight at Barton Springs by following the bottom of the pool (because this is what you have to do when you're silly and decide to swim in the dark there?! seriously, what was I thinking?)
10 - I can run a mile in under 7:30...I wasn't sure it was possible. It was. (Now let's hope I can do it again this week!)
Okay, that's all for now...I'm sure that more random thoughts will come to me and be shared with you over the next five months.

No comments: