
1 - sunshine on our bike ride!! and little to no wind!!
2 - my first time on the Dam Loop...what a great ride. The hills are tough (detours and all...that was too funny!) but even 360 and Southwest Parkway were doable today. I felt stronger - even if my speed doesn't reflect that I was any faster. (Okay, seriously, my speed still stinks...but I have to remember that I worked on my running all winter and that seems to have paid off...see #3. Gives me something to work toward.) But I hung with D, Jen, and Carrie for a little while - I normally cannot keep up with them. And then when they took off, Shawn, Michelle (welcome to T3, Michelle!) and I kept group Gamma together! Oh, and my saddle felt good today; the adjustments that Zane made last week seem to have helped. Overall: a good ride, tough but good. Made me feel like I had accomplished something again.
3 - a 30 minute brick after our 60 mile bike ride...it was rough for the first mile or so. In fact, at one point I thought, "And you signed up for an Ironman? What were you thinking? You will have biked double this distance and you will now have a marathon ahead of you?" That voice was quickly shushed by another that said, "Yes to all of that...so you better keep running and get ready for it all!" (Ah, the things that training will do to you...inner dialogues like this one.) Anyway, I averaged about 9:20 for the 30 minutes (slightly over 3 miles) that I ran. That was encouraging...even though I was SO glad to be finished! (And it gives me hope for my cycling...if my run can improve like it has then surely with some attention my cycling can, too! I have faith!)
4 - finally finding my brother's birthday present (it will be late...oops...but it will be something he wants so that will make up for it!)
5 - it's the last day of January and it was in the mid-60s...got to love Austin!
6 - time at home to pay bills, clean, get my act together after having been gone most of the week. Feels good to have my little space in better order.
7 - getting my car washed...it was nasty from my leaving Dallas on the roads that had been salted and sanded. Messy stuff.
8- I'm tired and know I'm going to sleep well tomorrow...which will hopefully help me on my 15 mile run tomorrow.
9 - clean, warm sheets to crawl into...
10 - looking forward to February...how is it here already?!
No comments:
Post a Comment