Thursday, January 29, 2009

Julia Child would not approve...

...of Camp Monterey doo-doos. But I'm not baking for her today; I'm baking for my advisees and I hope they think these treats are delicious. What are they? I know, it's an unlikely name for one of the best treats in the world. I don't know how they got their name but this concoction of butter, sugar, peanut butter, cocoa, vanilla, and oatmeal is truly to die for... I should know, I ate them growing up at camp and I even sampled a bit of this batch along the way and will probably see evidence of it when I go swim at Barton Springs in the morning (either in a new wetsuit bulge or in my lack of swimming speed)! Got to grab some milk for my advisees on the way to work tomorrow...the best way to enjoy these treats is with a cold glass of milk. Yum.
Anyway, I totally spoil my advisees and am feeling bad for having been gone for three days...and then again for Chapel today...so I thought I'd bring treats for advisory tomorrow. I don't have a ton in my pantry right now, and I'm sick of baking chocolate chip cookies right now, so it seemed like doo-doos were in order!
Had a good workout day...in the pool this morning (32 degrees - brrrr....) and at the PTC for core + spin tonight. Blythe and I are both back from our trips - yeah for being able to do workouts with her and other training buddies again rather than by myself in the hotel exercise room - and we're already talking about our 15 mile run this weekend. Note: I have never run that far in my life...I'll let you know how it goes. I'm sort of excited. And I hope my shin/calf feels okay. Going to see the folks at Performance Wellness next week to get it looked at - it's been too tight for too long, in my humble, non-medical opinion. Fingers crossed it's nothing that a little extra stretching and TLC won't fix.

No comments: