Sunday, January 11, 2009

looks like a good week for soup!


High today: 62. Highs all week: between 54 and 65 with very cool mornings and evenings. Looks like a good week for some yummy soup. I also seem to know a lot of folks right now who need some comfort in their lives - either because they are sick or because they are dealing with bad news - so maybe if I cook and eat soup then somehow that good karma that soup brings to the soul will spread to each of them. It will have to work since I don't think I can get soup to everyone!
At any rate, I'm going simple with it - chicken noodle soup with sweet potatoes. Yeah, sweet potatoes. Which I have grown to love but am not sure how they will be with the chicken noodle soup. Got to try out some new things every once in a while, right? (Speaking of, I've discovered that as much as I am a fan of pot roast, unlike other foods where I could eat the leftovers multiple times in a row, I really only like pot roast maybe twice in the same week. And that's pushing it. Note to self: only cook pot roast when I have a way to share it with others!)
So some soup, some swimming, some biking, some running, some core work, some yoga, some special events at school, lots of meetings with 11th graders and their parents as they become anxious about the college application process, some final nudging of seniors as they finish up the college application process...yep, that's the week I have ahead of me. All good. And I ended the week on a really good note with a great run with Blythe today! Yeah! We averaged a 9:03 pace for 9 miles which was awesome - and a surprise to both of us. So nice to have a running buddy; I wouldn't have pushed myself as much without someone like Blythe there even though the weather turned out to be a picture perfect running day...in my humble opinion. Crisp, sunny, not too warm but not freezing cold. Nice. And while I could be counting down and saying "phew, only 23 more weeks of IM training left", I have to admit that I'm currently loving it. So my line would have to be "sadly, there are only 23 more weeks of IM training left." I'll hold on to that thought as long as it lasts...but it does feel good to have one week under my belt to prove to myself that I can do it (even if it's going to get more difficult as the weeks go on!).

No comments: