
It's a funny contradiction of sorts. I'm training for an Ironman and yet I'm spending more weekend time lounging than I ever have before! It's probably because we do our long rides or runs (and the distances are only going to get longer!) on the weekend and all I seem to want to do in the afternoons is quiet stuff around the house (clean, laundry, cook) or watch a movie or read a book...maybe get together with some friends. Doing something that doesn't take a lot of energy! Some weekends I don't have a choice. Life keeps going in spite of IM training and I have to do some work, there are errands to be run, or I need to cross things off my "to do" list. But sometimes I really can lounge.
And last weekend I discovered the perfect slippers to lounge in on the sale rack at REI - sweet! I am in love! Seriously. And let me tell you how much. Yesterday when I knew that it wasn't ever going to get much warmer than 50 degrees or so (and damp...that Austin cold that settled in my bones and makes a home there for the day), I pondered whether or not I could make them pass as "shoes" at work! No such luck. So then I thought that maybe I could bring them to work and wear them with my feet tucked under my desk until someone came in my office. At that point I would pull a sneaky trick and put on some real shoes. Didn't think I could pull that off either. So I wore some real shoes to work but slipped these babies on as soon as I got home. I think my feet are thanking me, even if riding today (50 miles, Fitzhugh and back...yeah for Esther and Erin - T3 athlete of the month!! - my riding buddies today) isn't as tough on the feet as my 11 mile run on Monday will be. Now to contemplate a nap or maybe just going to bed super early...got to get ready for those 100 x 100s tomorrow in the pool - my favorite workout of the year!!
1 comment:
i think the ride yesterday was in fact harder than 11 miles on the trail today. so... that's good news for those feet of yours. :)
i TOTALLY relate to that hermit/lounge feeling on the weekends. I feel like I should be doing something, granted... we do plenty before noon, right? :)
Post a Comment