I love surprises! Correction...I love surprising people! I don't mind being surprised (like when Kimberly and John surprised me at CDA...wow. That was amazing!) but I get a kick out of surprising other people. The planning. The scheming. It totally plays into the little "sneak" in me that likes to be "up to something" that I know will bring joy to someone else. Birthdays. Random surprise gifts. I swear, I become all giggly like I'm 5 years old again.Of course, there's always a chance that the person whom you are surprising isn't going to be that excited...but you can always hope they have a great reaction. Sort of like Amy's reaction today when I surprised her with the news that I'm going to be at Vineman to cheer on my T3 friends and teammates. (I won't go into details but it involved excited noise! Lucky me!) My aunt and uncle live about an hour from the race site so I decided a month or so ago to combine a visit to them with a little trip over to Vineman. I was actually going to do this race before I signed on for CDA so they were half expecting me to be in CA sometime this summer to visit them. I have never been to their place in Calistoga so I'm looking forward to ALL aspects of this trip. I'm looking forward to spending some time with (Aunt) Mary and (Uncle) Rob...to being in northern California again...to maybe enjoying a little cooler weather...and to being in Napa (never been there!).
And I'm super excited to be able to be able to cheer on my T3 friends! I feel like there haven't been that many races lately where I've gotten to return the favor of cheering so I'm all smiles about getting to do that. Need to get my cheers in order so that I can appropriately embarrass...I mean, inspire...my teammates! Yeah T3 athletes at Vineman...I can't wait to see you rock the course with your training and your smiles!!!
P.S. Other great things about today...yoga...lunch with Rebecca...randomly running into Malia...hill workout (I've missed this workout - and I didn't die!)...oh, yeah, we didn't have work today so I got to do all of these things!
2 comments:
you can tell the truth etg -- I went screaching into the hallway and started banging on the bathroom door after i read you secret note. best surprise ever and I don't usually do so well with surprises and I almost always figure them out!!!!!!
Yay for family in CA and cheering at Vineman!
Post a Comment