Monday, January 5, 2009

doesn't take much to make me smile...


...a day like today that:
- begins with yoga (with our great new instructor)
- is followed by a swim at Barton Springs (mist on the water and all - and very few swimmers... mostly me and the fish)
- and ends with a run (on some hills behind O'Henry...new workout...fun!)
...my little home smelling of warm, sweet banana bread just out of the oven
...having this last day of vacation feel leisurely even though I did more than the usual training and even spent some time at work (it's amazing how much day you have when your first commitment starts at 6:15 a.m.!)
...friends
...the solar shower at Barton Springs pool (how does it hold that much heat even when it's been gray for two days now?!)
...making plans for upcoming trips (fun!)
...training and feeling like I'm getting back into a routine (I'm much better at routine than I am at vacation - sad to say - although I have enjoyed the last couple of weeks thoroughly!)
...the pot roast that I made yesterday in my slow cooker...makes me feel like I'm taking care of myself
...having a chance to write something about my mom for a camp memory book that's being put together
...stretching...and my Trigger Point roller kit (even though I make funny, hurting faces while I'm using it)
...connecting with family today
...flannel pajamas and fleece tops - seriously, I love my cozy clothes and I'm sort of glad when I have a real excuse to wear them
...my training buddies - especially those who were able to be at practice tonight
...music that I love filling my little home
...health
...life
...finding joy in the simple things
Those are my (not so) deep thoughts for the day. I could fill a whole year with such entries because life is usually pretty sweet. But instead I'll just interject them from time to time.

2 comments:

erin said...

you always make me smile, elizabeth.

(banana bread. eh hem.... ;))

etg said...

right back at you, Erin! and if you want some banana bread...it's whole wheat and healthier than most recipes...I have a little loaf with your name on it:)